American Queen Voyages cruise line is launching the biggest voyage in its 9-year history, and it’s starting right here in Minnesota.
Beginning in Red Wing and ending in Pittsburgh, the American countess will travel for 23 days, covering 1,772 miles. The voyage will begin on July 24, 2023, with the ship returning to Red Wing from Pittsburgh on August 14, 2023.
According to a release, the 2023 sailing on the Greater Ohio and Upper Mississippi Rivers “will cover more miles, call at more port cities and offer the most unlimited tours of any route in American Queen’s 10-year history. Travels”.
Prices and fares for the trip have not yet been released.
En route to Steel City, the classic American riverboat will make stops along the banks of the Mississippi and Ohio, crossing 10 states. These stops are as follows, with featured events included:
- La Crosse, Wis.
- Dubuque, Iowa
- Guests will have the chance to check out the official website field of dreams baseball field
- Bettendorf, Iowa
- Burlington, Iowa
- Hannibal, Mo.
- Saint Louis, Mo.
- Guests will be able to see the Old Courthouse and the Gateway Arch
- Kimmswick, Mo.
- You can also discover the Anheuser house and its museum
- Cape Giradeau, Mo.
- Those accompanying the ride will also be able to learn about the Trail of Tears National Park and its history
- Paducah, Ky.
- Guests will have the opportunity to visit the National Quilt Museum, which features over 600 works of art
- Henderson, Ky.
- Owensboro, Ky.
- Travelers will stop at the Western Kentucky Botanical Gardens
- Brandenburg, Ky.
- Louisville, Ky.
- Guests will visit the Mark Payton Glass Center, a studio that works on the art of blown glass
- Madison, Ind.
- Guests will board another boat, this time a Coast Guard-approved jet boat for a scenic experience
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Maysville, Ky.
- Pleasant point, W. Va.
- Marietta, Ohio
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
the other 417-seater boat from American Voyages, American Queen, sailed a nine-day trip between Louisville and Pittsburgh, according to a statement. The American countess is a newer boat that carries 245 guests.
The company also offers a trip from Minneapolis to New Orleans.
To learn more about American Voyages and this trip, click here.