You need a credit score of 700 or higher to have a good chance of getting the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 Month BT Offer. People who successfully apply for the card typically have credit scores in this range, with many reporting scores between 700 and 700. As one of the best Citi credit cards, the Citi® Double Cash offers Card – 18 months BT is for those with good or preferably excellent credit.
When you apply for one of its credit cards, Citi checks your FICO® score. This is a specific type of credit score used by most lenders. The reason you need to know this is that many free credit score services provide your VantageScore, which is different. Your VantageScore will not help you determine if you have sufficient credit to apply for a Citi card. Be sure to use one of the free credit score services that provides your FICO® score.
Your credit score isn’t the only thing Citi looks at, so a credit score of 700 or higher does not guarantee approval of the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 Month BT offer. And if your credit score isn’t quite there yet, you can still successfully apply. However, it is very rare for someone to be approved for the Citi® Double Cash Card offer – 18 months BT with a credit score below 700. If you haven’t hit that mark, you’d probably better work to increase your credit score. before applying.
Here are other key factors Citi looks at when applying for the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 Month BT offer:
- The duration of use of the credit: If you have a short credit history, Citi is more likely to deny your application. You must have at least one credit card that is at least one year old. A card that is at least two years old is even better.
- Recent credit applications: Citi is known to be strict with applicants who have recently applied for credit. You may want to wait before trying to get the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 Months BT offer if you’ve applied for other credit cards or loans in the past three to six months.
- Recent Citi credit cards you have opened: Due to Citi credit card application rules, you cannot apply for more than one Citi card in an eight-day period or more than two in a 60-day period.
- Credit card debt: You’re more likely to be approved with low balances on your other credit cards. It’s best to keep your credit utilization rate at 20% or less. This means that your credit card balances must not exceed 20% of your credit limits.
- Payment history: A strong record of on-time payments increases the likelihood that Citi will approve your application.