Published 2 hours ago
Proposed by PNC Financial Services Group
PITTSBURGH, April 27, 2022 /CSRwire/ — PNC Bank is proud to announce its 12th Women in Business Week: Accelerating Financial Equality for Womenwhich will be held virtually from May 9 to 13, 2022.
Through this annual event, PNC offers female financial decision-makers – from business owners and executives to women managing their finances for the first time – the opportunity to glean valuable insights, intended to help support financial health at long term of their families and businesses.
This year’s lineup includes seven engaging and informative events, headlined by keynote speakers Stephanie Cartin and Courtney Spritzer, co-founders of Entreprenista and digital and influencer agency Socialfly, who will share how they grew their business and created a powerful networking community for women.
“This year’s webcasts build on our relationships with companies and organizations across the country that are aligned with the mission of accelerating women’s financial equality and closing the economic gender gap,” said said Beth Marcello, PNC’s Women’s Business Development Manager. “According to the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report 2020, if progress continued at its current rate, it would take women another 257 years to catch up economically with men. It’s not fast enough for us, which is why we launched the 257℠ project last year. Our Women in Business Week speakers will offer their experience and insights on a variety of topics related to the gender gap, from entrepreneurship and personal investment to heart health.
Women in Business Week is just one example of PNC’s commitment to continually engage, enlighten, attract and retain customers and employees who identify as women. The bank has been supporting women financial decision makers for more than 20 years, and its women’s business development practice was formally established in 2000 to reflect its recognition of the growing impact of women as decision makers and influencers.
PNC also offers a nationwide network of more than 4,000 PNC-certified women in business advocates and supports organizations, such as SheEO and the Women Presidents Organization, that mentor and advocate for women entrepreneurs and executives. Through these efforts, PNC strives to bring women together through engaging and informative programs focused on the financial well-being and empowerment of clients and non-clients. To learn more about PNC’s businesswomen’s advocacy, visit pnc.com/women.
Women in Business Week events are free and open to the public. Registration is available at pnc.com/businesswebcasts.
VIRTUAL WOMEN IN BUSINESS WEEK EVENTS
Monday May 9
11 a.m. ET: The women who built the brand: Making Purell a household name
Start the week by chatting with the third-generation woman-owned business that has helped the world survive the pandemic.
- Marcella Kanfer Rolnick, Executive Chair of GOJO
- Carey Jaros, CEO of GOJO
- Moderator: Joe Luckring, PNC Regional Chairman, Akron
1 p.m. ET: Radical Generosity: Changing the World for Entrepreneurs
Find out how an interest-free loan and SheEO activators accelerate financial equality for two entrepreneurs.
- Wanona Satcher, CEO, Makhers Studio and 2021 SheEO Venture
- Danielle Ruttenberg, Co-Founder, Remark Glass and 2022 SheEO Venture
- Susie Pan, Director of Ventures, SheEO
- Moderator: Mariko Blakely, PNC Relations Manager and SheEO Activator
tuesday 10 may
11:00 a.m. ET: Business of the arts: How women are laying the groundwork
From dance theaters to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, women are the stars of the arts and culture economy.
- Liz Peschges, Vice President, Culture and Strategy, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
- Zenetta Drew, Executive Director, Dallas Black Dance Theater
- Vanessa Cooksey, President and CEO, St. Louis Regional Arts Commission
- Moderator: Kristen Baird Adams, Chief of Staff, PNC Office of Regional Chairs
1 p.m. ET: Women Shifting Markets: A Force for Social Change
This roundtable will discuss how women leaders are using finance as a tool to promote equity and social impact.
- Tracy Palandjian, CEO and Co-Founder, Social Finance
- Betty Francisco, CEO, Boston Impact Initiative, Entrepreneur and Angel Investor, Pipeline Angels
- Moderator: Linda Henry, CEO, Boston Globe
Wednesday May 11
1 p.m. ET: Financial Freedom: Understanding Money Better
Compelling stories and practical steps can change your lifelong relationship with money.
- Lynne Herndon, Head of Credit, PNC Commercial Credit
- Brenasia Ward-Caldwell, Cloud Security Analyst, PNC Enterprise Technology & Security
- Melodie Roach, Vice President and Financial Advisor, PNC Investments
- Moderator: Jennifer Daurara, Vice President, PNC Retail Solutions and Design
Thursday May 12
1 p.m. ET: The Strength of Us: Friends, Followers and Confidants
Keynote speakers Stephanie Cartin and Courtney Spritzer, co-founders of Entreprenista and digital and influencer agency Socialfly, share how they grew their business and created a powerful networking community for women.
- Moderator: Alex Overstrom, Director of PNC Small Business
Friday May 13
11 a.m. ET: The Heart of Women’s Health
Pioneers in women’s heart health discuss gaps in women’s health research and what is being done to improve it.
- Bhawanjit Brar, Ph.D, CEO and Founder, Jaan Biotherapeutics
- Indu Poornima, MD, Director of Preventive Cardiology and Women’s Heart Center, Allegheny Health Network
- Lisa Iadicicco, Executive Director, Women in Bio
- Moderator: Stacy Juchno, CPA, Auditor General, The PNC Financial Services Group
PNC Bank, National Association, is a member of the PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and a local offering of personal and business banking services, including a full range of loan products; specialized services for businesses and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For more information about PNC, visit www.pnc.com.
# # #
PNC Financial Services Group
PNC Financial Services Group
As Main Street Bank, we are committed to achieving each of our strategic priorities while looking out for the best interests of all of our stakeholders, including our customers, communities, employees and shareholders. Our focus on operating with integrity drives us to help our customers achieve their goals while strengthening our communities, reducing our environmental impact and enabling our people to thrive.
Send us an email to subscribe to our CSR newsletter
More than PNC Financial Services Group